Friday 25 March 2011

Chat Sim Chan-Qi Xing Zhen

 Chat Sim Chan-Qi Xing Zhen

This is one kind of easy growing plant, it belongs to cactus family. It is grown in Malaysia and Singapore for for medicinal purposes. It is also
known as Bintang Tujuh, Cancer Plant and Chat Sim Chan. The Chinese name is 七星针 (Qi Xing Zhen).
Contrarily to other cacti, this plant is not succulent, and the cuttings should be planted in a moist soil mixture immediately instead of being left to dry out a couple of days. I got one cut brunch from friend, I planted in a plastic pot filled with moist soil, it grows pretty fast.  First few months, it grows a lot of leaves, thick and dark green leaves, it looks like vegetable...I plug off a lot of leaves, it starts to have flowers soon...Clusters of broad orange flowers, about 7 cm in diameter, bright pretty flowers only last for one day, followed by round fruit in yellow colour about 4 cm long with bracts...
I was told it is one type of herbal plants, the dark green leaves can use to cook soup with meats, but I haven't tried yet.

(Picture was taken in Malaysia many years ago, there is a field for this herbal plants. )
(A view of the young shoot. Sharp thorns arise from the base of the leaves and numbers up to seven in mature parts of the plant. That is where the Chinese name 七星针 coming out)
Some information I could find below: 
Pereskia Saccnarosa: Chinese  name 七星针: This plant is from a cactus family which probably one of cactus species with leaf. It was a primitive genus in cactus family. Pereskia is originated from Korea but can be easily found in Singapore. This plant can live almost any type of condition except cold area. Pereskia is one type of herb good for detoxification and can prevent cancer. It is used to cure cancer especially Colon cancer, Nose cancer and several others deceases. I was told by old people, the leaves can cook with meat to make soup, it is good to prevent cancer, high blood and diabetes.
DSCN0383 DSCN0402 (2)


Taken from http://www.singaporeplantslover.com/2009/05/qi-xing-zhen.html

2 comments:

  1. Live Testimony HPV and HERPES is cureable: I am greatful to Dr Aire ,the powerful herbal healer that rescue me from HPV and HERPES. I was diagnosed of these disease in 2019 and because of this, i was very unhappy with my life and i went into research on how i can get cured and i saw a testimony of a lady on how she was cured from HERPES by Dr Aire, i decided to give him a try and when i contact him, he assure me that he will help me and send me the cure.I believed in him because all i wanted was to be cured, so he prepared a herbal cure for me and send it to me through DHL and gave me instructions on how to use it and after one week i should go to hospital for checkup and after one week of using the herbal medicine, i went to the hospital for test and to my surprise the test stated that i am HPV and HERPES negative and i am fully cured from the diseases. This gladdens my heart and everybody in the hospital was surprised even the Medical Doctor, So viewers Dr Aire is a God Gifted man and he can cure so many diseases like HIV/AIDS, HERPES,CANCER of all kind, PILE, KIDNEY PROBLEM, SYPHILIS, DIABETES, HSV1&2, HPV and lot's more. You can contact him through his email: drairehome@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2347036740271. I will continue to share this great testimony on the internet and all over the world for the good job Dr Aire has done for me.  

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete